Top Tips for your wedding abroad
• Take advantage of your free personalised webpage by including a complimentary, Wedding gift card supplied by Curragh Travel with your wedding invitation. This will enable your guests to make a contribution towards your wedding or honeymoon or to purchase a day trip to remember as your wedding gift.
• Once your wedding date has been booked and confirmed it is advisable to send your intended wedding guests a save the day, invitation, advising them of your wedding date and destination. This will allow your guests to make the necessary travel arrangements.
• We recommend that you include the contact details for Curragh Travel on your, save the day cards. Your guests can then contact us with their travel requests. Curragh Travel can advise them of the best options available to suit there budget and needs.
• It is advisable that the couple allow their wedding guests to make their own travel arrangements as this will relieve the couple of extra stress leading up to their big day.
• Plan and book as early as possible. Weddings overseas are becoming increasingly popular and like in Ireland, the most popular venues and peak dates get booked first!
• Each couple should determine a realistic budget to suit their own needs. You should ensure that you have budgeted for final numbers to include your wedding meal, wedding extras and any expenses that may be incurred locally.
• It is not unusual for the wedding couple to travel alone to celebrate their wedding. Witnesses can be provided if necessary.
• It is important to choose a destination that is suitable, affordable and accessible for your family and guests.
• As Temperature and weather conditions vary from destination to destination it is advisable to research the climate for your intended wedding location and date.
• Plan a wedding time line and create a wedding checklist. This will assist you in relation to planning your wedding and preparing your documentation. This will vary depending on your chosen destination.
• As photocopies of documentation will not be accepted in any circumstances, you should ensure that your are submitting original, certified and dated documents according to the legal requirements of your destination.
• Once you decide to get married abroad you should contact your local Parish Priest to advise him of your intention to marry.
• Civil ceremonies normally last between 10 ? 15 minutes. If you would like to include a reading or poem in the ceremony, this should be no problem. You should speak to the wedding co-ordinator on arrival and she will advise.
• Depending on the destination the bride and her female guests may have to cover their shoulders during a wedding ceremony in the Church.
• Put together a wallet that contains all of your original required documents and your travel tickets, you will not be able to get married with out them!
• When buying your wedding outfits, you should consider the climate in the resort. In most cases it will be a lot warmer than the weather here in Ireland. Check out our wedding weather here!
• When you un-pack your wedding outfits, it is a good idea to hang them in a steamy bathroom. This will help minimise the creases in the garments.
• Sunbathe sensibly, You don’t want to look sunburnt rather than sunkissed in your wedding photos.
Above all, relax and enjoy your day!!